Friday, October 9, 2009

Introduction to Manassas

We've been living in Manassas Park, or "the park" for awhile now.

Here are a few things I love.

The water towers: Each city has their own, and they look so beautiful sitting on top of a hill full of trees. There are three that I see on a regular basis on the road heading home.


Old Town Manassas: It's very quaint. There is an old bookstore, a couple of barber shops, and a candy shop. They have festivals on a regular basis, and during the summer there is a small farmers market on the weekends.


It's history: The battle of bull run or the first battle of Manassas, as the confederates called it, happened here. This was the first major land battle of the civil war.

We love visitors, and we have an extra room and bathroom.

You'll just have to coordinate schedules with my Mom. She always has first dibs. We are looking forward to her upcoming visit. She arrives on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. such a cute place! I am jealous... we will have to swing by sometime--if I can just get a babysitter:)

    ReplyDelete