Sunday, April 7, 2013

Surprise! Happy Birthday Mom

For my Mom's 60th birthday, Lisa and I decided to fly in and surprise her.

Emily, David, and Liz helped us coordinate and made sure my parents stayed in town so we could surprise my Dad too. 

The girls stayed with David and his parents. I was able to really enjoy the trip knowing they were having fun.

My best-friend Kaila picked Lisa and I up from the airport on Thursday night, and the next morning we worked out a plan. Kaila had my parents show her the remodeled basement, while Lisa and I took cover in the kitchen with Emily. 

It was perfect.  

Emily filmed the whole thing, and it was so great to see both my parent's surprised faces. 

We spent the weekend, watching conference, getting pedicures, eating out, and going through childhood memory boxes.  

We had family over for a BBQ, and Emily had her famous adult Easter Egg hunt (only the best candy allowed and you better watch out because there is no mercy when competing with the cousins.)

Even though it was a short trip, it was so worth it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment