Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Few of Her Favorite Things...

Now that she is almost three-months old, Leah's personality is starting to show. These are a few of her favorite things.

Her Daddy: As soon as David gets home, Leah follows him around with her eyes. I often catch her smiling at David when he isn't looking. He also can get her smile instantly, coo incessantly, and squeal with delight. A few weekends ago, David was watching Leah in another room, while Lisa, her roommate, and I were watching a movie. Within minutes, we could hear her excitedly talking with Daddy. Lisa looked at me and said, "She must having a great time!"



The Sleepy Wrap: At first I wasn't sure if it was going to work. It's one long piece of stretchy material that you wrap around your body. It can be a bit awkward at first, but once I got the hang of it, I loved it! Usually, I wrap Leah with her face towards my chest, and she will quickly fall asleep. This time, I decided to wrap her facing out so she could see things. I had to go in front of a mirror to make sure I got her legs in the right places. As soon as I finished, I smiled at her in the mirror, she looked at me, she looked at herself, and then she went crazy kicking her legs, smiling, and making funny faces.



The Swing: We decided not to buy a swing at first because of space issues, and bought a vibrating chair instead. We knew from the time she was a few days old that she would have probably liked a swing better. A friend picked up this swing for us at a thrift store last week. We were right. Leah loves to swing. She stays content for much longer than she does in the vibrating chair.

4 comments:

  1. My girls are the same way with their daddy, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. Thanks for sharing what her favorite things are. She is just to cute. I can't wait till May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have to show me how to work the sleepy wrap, those things look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw you comment on mine! Your little girl is so dang cute!!!!! You look so happy being a mommy....it is so weird being grown up and being the mommy sometimes. Seems like yesterday we were directing plays and starting preschools! LOL! Anyways, I'm glad we can see what is going on in each others lives now. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete