Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Dabids

We've had a lot of visitors the last couple of months, and we've loved having them. It's been so nice to catch up.

My brother David came to visit a week before Sarah was born. I forgot to blog about it, but we did snap the picture below. Leah loves David so much she barely speaks when he's around. She just stares, and then as soon as he looks away or leaves the room she starts with, "where's dabid? dabid funny." To this day, the picture below is one of her favorites to look at, because it has Dabid in it.



When my cousin David came to visit last week, I was curious to see how she would react. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture with him. Not surprisingly, she also loved David Crocodile, that's what we called him growing up. My brother was David Alligator.

Since David Crocodile stayed a little bit longer, she became pretty comfortable with him. The morning of his flight while we were playing upstairs she said to me at least a dozen times, "dadid sleeping...I want dadid up." I said "Okay. Go downstairs and wake him up". She would pause, think, get really close to my face, tilt her head slightly, and say, "Mommy do it??" while nodding her head yes. When I didn't agree, she didn't give up. She would just wait a few minutes and say it again. After listening to us for awhile, David came up to say good morning. Leah stood frozen on the stairs, silent, perhaps worried he had heard her constant inquiries. She wasn't shy at the airport though when she insisted on giving him a kiss goodbye.

Now that both David's are gone, she still asks and talks about them regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment