Monday, September 13, 2010

On My Own

Today is the first day I am all by myself with the girls with no help from parents, in-laws or David. My assessment: so far, so good with one minor incident; Leah locked herself in the basement bathroom.

It happened just after I took these pictures on my phone.






Notice the small white thing poking out of Leah's pocket in the last picture? It's nail polish. She's been carrying it around, since she asked me to paint her nails on Saturday.

Just after snapping this photo, Leah excitedly hit me on the head with her nail polish. I told her in a stern voice no hitting, picked her up, and sat her on the floor.

She quickly stomped off to the bathroom and shut the door.

When I went to let her out, it was locked. No crying or screaming. Phew.

I talked to her through the door while I tried to unlock it. I tried using a nail and a paper clip with no luck.

Oh great, now what.

Luckily, I was able to reach my Dad at home who walked me through how to pick the lock with a flat head screwdriver.

After a few minutes Leah was free. I thought she would have been a little scared.

Nope, once the door opened she calmly looked at me and matter-of-factly said, "Dark...Bathroom...Dark" and went back to her toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment