Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Few More of Her Favorite Things...

For some reason blogger would only let me post three pictures at time. Leah has more than just three favorite things so here is the continuation of the previous post.

The Stripped Zebra: My sister-in-law Melanie and her three girls were so generous in giving Leah their old clothes and some toys. This stripped Zebra was one of the items they sent. Leah loves it! It goes with her on the swing, in the car seat, and in her vibrating chair. We discovered she liked it when she wouldn't pay attention to the Red Chickadee (also from Melanie and the girls) that was always right next to the Zebra hanging from her vibrating chair. Poor Mr. Chickadee had to standby and watch as Leah grabbed, cooed, and stared at the Zebra.


Sleeping on Her Stomach While Taking a Nap: Don't worry. Our pediatrician said it was okay for her to sleep on her stomach as long as we are nearby to check on her occasionally. This is easy for us to do, because in our one-bedroom apartment she is always a few feet away. We may need to readjust once we move. We found she slept much more soundly on her stomach during the day. I think it's because she can keep the pacifier in her mouth or easily get to her hands. At night, we always put her "back to sleep."


Car Rides or Walks in the Stroller: She rarely fusses in the car. In fact, if she is fussy the car or a walk generally soothe her. It's been nice for us, because we've had to take her on numerous long drives as we've been going through the process of buying our townhouse. The new place is about 40 minutes each way from where we live right now. We also live close to a shopping center. I take Leah there in the stroller at least a couple of times a week to pick up a few things.

3 comments:

  1. what a cutie, can't wait to meet her. sasha says leah looks like lucia, but I'm not so sure. Glad you're getting use of some of our things. Funny, my girls always preferred that crazy chickadee. I have a box full of stuff for leah I'll bring when we come down, I think size 12-18 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and I can't get ever how much hair she has! We all slept on our tummies, I think they do better that way, so that is good that she likes it. It is so nice to be able to have a happy baby in the car and it is great you are having nice weather to get outside. That is how I was able to loose all my weight, just walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! Her eyes are so beautiful. We put the baby announcement you guys sent toward the bottom of the fridge, and Aaron is constantly pointing at it and wants to hear about his new cousin. I keep telling him he will see her soon. :)

    ReplyDelete