Friday, April 10, 2009

Painting

...has pretty much consumed our lives this week. David's Dad, Steve, has been so extremely helpful. We don't know what we would have done without him. Well, I imagine we would both still be at Home Depot trying to decide what supplies to buy.

He spent two long, full days painting the living/dining room and the kitchen, patching up several holes, and repairing some water damaged walls in the kitchen. In addition to being an extremely hard worker, he's a fabulous painter. He would encourage us by saying, "It's all in the wrist" and "Use the brush to your advantage." The walls look beautiful. It's amazing what some paint and a lot of time will do to a place. Thank you Steve and Barbara for all your help! We really, really appreciate it.

Steve in the living room


Kitchen before shot


Kitchen after shot: David learning some tips from his Dad.


Leah resting peacefully with her bum in the air, while the rest of us paint. She's been very patient, tolerating the numerous trips in the car back and forth from the new place to our apartment.

5 comments:

  1. I know, Steve is the bomb at painting! He's so meticulous. I love the color you chose for your kitchen - so fresh and airy! Can't wait to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint is so great and changes the feel of a room. It looks great, I am excited for you to move it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love painting! I just two toned our house! That is so exciting...did you guys buy a place? Leah is SOOOO cute! When are you coming back out, we miss you guys! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks so pretty! Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place looks great! Let us know when you are up for visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete