Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Handed



I'm getting quite good at doing things with one hand...like typing, taking the lid off the lip gloss for Leah (her newest and most favorite discovery), taking pictures.

I'm typing this while Sarah sleeps peacefully on my chest. I'm slumped down on the couch with the computer next to me. There are still dishes in the sink, random toys on the floor, and clothes in the dryer to be folded. I could lay her down and tidy up, but I know she won't be little forever, and I want to enjoy all of it before it's gone. She also seems much more comfortable than me.

I posted this picture to show that Sarah does open her eyes. When she does, Leah squeals with excitement, runs over to her and gets really close to her face and says, "Hi Sarah." Then she looks up at me and says, "huldher." I confirm, "You want to hold her?" She nods and says, "okay." She climbs on the couch, waits patiently, gently holds her for about 10 seconds while smiling at her adoringly, then says "all done."

Life couldn't be any better.

2 comments:

  1. What sweet and beautiful sisters they are! We are excited to see you guys tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm looking forward to meeting your new little one sometime!

    ReplyDelete